FS-100 discontinued?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS-100 discontinued?

We were looking into purchasing a Firestore FS-100 for our HDX900 and HVX200. While shopping for it online I noticed many instances of the item being marked as discontinued. I wrote Focus enhancements and was told that the FS-100 was not being replaced. So ... any suggestions besides P2 cards (and those don't even work with the HDX900) Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

The FS-100 is actually discontinued, some vendors still have them. Focus has not publicly stated what model will replace it, but I will be on it and let you know as soon as I find out. Focus is going through a shake up, having part of their operations bought out by another company lately. But we'll hear some news from them soon.

Having done a training video for the FS-100 and FS-5, way back when, I have some contacts there, and am eagerly waiting to hear what's going to happen next.

Again, there's some 250GB FS-100's on a few vendors shelves left, and if you can find them, grab them.

OR, spend the extra money and go with an AJA KI Pro. Yeah, AJA sponsor our local user group that I run, but the Ki Pro is about the best of it's kind on the market today. Not as cheap as the FS-100, but very worth while.
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Comment

I've had time to fool around with an AJA Ki Pro Mini, and I have to say, it's an amazing device. I'm revising what I said before. Go with the Ki Pro Mini, for sure. Blows away the Firestore stuff.
      Digital Media Instructor for
      Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Comment

Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X