Why won't clip transcode properly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why won't clip transcode properly?

I shot 480/24pA on my 64 gig card for just barely over an hour, single shot. The log and transfer window shows my clip as multiple clips as you can see in the image below. The big problem is that the 0005 clip won't transcode properly. It only gives me about the first 2 1/2 minutes of the stated 19:50:00 duration. Ugghh, I need to format this card and use it tonite again so I'm hoping to figure this out before I do that. At this point I'm missing 17ish minutes from 1 of 3 cameras on a very important show

Make a disc image of the card, the format it and use it. You can always use the disk image to come back and mess with it some more.

What camera?
    What codec are you trancoding to in the L&T window?
    What is the size of the card?
    How many cards were in the camera at the time?
    Is this screen shot reading the card from inside the camera, or a card reader?
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Comment

Disc image, good idea thanks!

Camera: HPX170
      Not sure what codec, but I'm in the NTSC DV 23.98 remove advanced pulldown "Easy Setup".
      Card: 64gig, the only card in the camera.
      The screenshot was reading from what I copied off the P2 card, so from my harddrive. I tried transcoding from the card while still in the camera (don't have a card reader yet) and got the same failed results.

Luckily due to fantastic camera work by myself and my associate I was able to do w/out the 17 minutes of "lost" center camera footage. But I still would like to know what happened here. The next night we shot the same exact show with the same cameras and same cards and same settings and I made sure to not change anything in hopes (or not) that the same thing would happen but all was fine. A relief but the mystery from the previous night still remains.

Comment

From the screen shot, the only clip that failed was 0005BG. It must have gotten corrupted or something. Be sure to Format the card inside the camera before each use, don't just erase clips, do a full Format of the card, to be safe.

Is there any reason why you're shooting in SD and not HD? Seems a shame to shoot SD on a very beautiful HD camera.

It's a mystery...
        Digital Media Instructor for
        Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Comment

Originally posted by BenB View Post
          From the screen shot, the only clip that failed was 0005BG. It must have gotten corrupted or something. Be sure to Format the card inside the camera before each use, don't just erase clips, do a full Format of the card, to be safe.

Is there any reason why you're shooting in SD and not HD? Seems a shame to shoot SD on a very beautiful HD camera.

It's a mystery...
          Sure 0005BG was the only clip that failed, but there should have only been 2 clips (spanned). 2 acts in the play, each approx 1 hour, so I only hit record twice. The other two cameras only had 2 clips each. And I did format the card before the shoot.
          Reason for shooting SD was directly related to what the client could afford. I would've had to rent extra cards and buy a harddrive to handle this 3 camera 2 hour production and the $$$ was too little for all that. Indeed it's a shame to shoot SD on these things I guess it'll just have to remain a mystery and I'll cross my fingers that it doesn't happen again, we'll see...

Comment

Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X