X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching Design Methods for After Effects

Hello
    Video, Film, and Web Folks,
    This post goes out mainly towards anyone who teaches After Effects...but it can also be useful for anyone who has trouble starting from the "blank page"...Meaning how to come up with ideas. I have been teaching motion graphics for quite a few years and have come up with an assignment that gets my students to think before they animate anything in After Effects.
    Now most of you probably have your own way of coming up with ideas and I'm not saying this is the best or only way to start the creative process. I will say it has worked great in my classes and a lot of my students have done work that they didn't think was possible for them. I've posted 2 examples of Design Brief assignments that my students have to follow at www.motiongraphicslab.com...( used to be "The ANVEL" ) They are posted in the EUREKA section under Teaching Materials EX1 and EX2. One deals with recreating a movie title and the other with creating a 30 second promo.
    On another note there are also some free AEPs under Ani Elements posted on the site that are royalty free and fully customizable for downloading...these change out weekly.
    Welp, hope this helps make the teaching process slightly easier and I would love to hear any feedback or ideas regarding the assignments.
    Thanks,
    DeANVELez
    www.motiongraphicslab.com

Teaching Design Methods for After Effects

Hello
    Video, Film, and Web Folks,
    This post goes out mainly towards anyone who teaches After Effects...but it can also be useful for anyone who has trouble starting from the "blank page"...Meaning how to come up with ideas. I have been teaching motion graphics for quite a few years and have come up with an assignment that gets my students to think before they animate anything in After Effects.
    Now most of you probably have your own way of coming up with ideas and I'm not saying this is the best or only way to start the creative process. I will say it has worked great in my classes and a lot of my students have done work that they didn't think was possible for them. I've posted 2 examples of Design Brief assignments that my students have to follow at www.motiongraphicslab.com...( used to be "The ANVEL" ) They are posted in the EUREKA section under Teaching Materials EX1 and EX2. One deals with recreating a movie title and the other with creating a 30 second promo.
    On another note there are also some free AEPs under Ani Elements posted on the site that are royalty free and fully customizable for downloading...these change out weekly.
    Welp, hope this helps make the teaching process slightly easier and I would love to hear any feedback or ideas regarding the assignments.
    Thanks,
    DeANVELez
    www.motiongraphicslab.com

Comment

Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X