Decklink HD Pro Dual or single?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decklink HD Pro Dual or single?

What is the difference between the two? Can I do the exact same thing with the DecklinkHD card ($595)

chris
    Mac Pro 2.66, 5gigs RAM, OSX 10.6.2, FCP Studio 3

Re: Decklink HD Pro Dual or single?

Nope, you can't. The Decklink HD Pro Dual Link digitizes true, uncompressed HD. The Single Link (which sells for $1495 incidentally) compresses the video slightly.

The Decklink HD which I believe you were actually refering to is something else. I think maybe it converts HD to SD or something. Otherwise who'd buy their Pro HD card when they can spend almost $1500 less, you know?

The website isn't actually all that clear so read everything very carefully before you plunk down your hard earned cash.

Good luck.
    www.EasyStreetProductioN.com

Comment

thanks for the info. Do you use any of their cards? If so, what is your impression. I here pretty much all good things. I will be producing a feature, shot on either Super 16 or 35 and want to post it on my G5 dual 2 gig. I think that the Decklink card are a pretty good match for the G5.
      Mac Pro 2.66, 5gigs RAM, OSX 10.6.2, FCP Studio 3

Comment

I use a DeckLink Extreme for uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2 SD, it has been 100% rock stable, and codecs and software are very good.

Comment

We're running the new AJA Kona 2 here at the shop and you should certainly consider that as well. Uncompressed 8bit and 10bit SD / HD and dual Link HD. Also, the K2 adds some acceleration to the DVCPro HD format which we're seeing here in a current project.
          Walter Biscardi, Jr.
          Creative Genius
          Biscardi Creative Media
          www.biscardicreative.com

Comment

Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X