Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Tell me

Hello,
    I'm looking to buy a new computer which has a nvidia gt120 with 1gb of memory dedicated to graphics, which from what I have researched is the re-branded 9500gt... I have a graphic card in my old computer that has hardly been used and is about 2 years old... It is an ATI Radeon 1950x pro 256 mb of memory... Is this better than the gt120? Please tell me.

Thanks

Well, the NVidia you list is a 1 gigabyte card. The ATI is a 256 megabyte. By the numbers, the NVidia has "4 times the capacity".

The question really is, what do you need the card for? The ATI might be plenty for your uses, and while the NVidia might be nice, but it could be tremendous overkill and not a good way to spend your money. Or it could be an excellent choice.

It's not really a question of "better". It's a question of what is most apporpriate for your needs?

So, what are your needs?

debe

Comment

The GT 120 is 512 MB DDR2, not 1 GB. Backtrack a little please, what is the old computer and what is the new computer and what type of slot is being used for the video card?
      sigpic
      Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
      Person in charge
      Content creation/Education
      http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

I admit, I didn't look up the card...I was going by the "1gb" the original poster listed in the post....

Where did you get the "1gb" spec, Gracey?

debe

Comment

Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X