Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zwick
    replied
    A couple of things rockmom, Jackie... tagging onto a six year old post is generally not the best thing to do in these forums if you want your post to be seen, so FYI, next time just start a new thread.

I don't know the answer to your question but I just downloaded the DSR-11 user manual. Do a Google search on that and you will find more than one place you can get the manual, no charge. If you have a problem finding it send me a PM and i'll put it somewhere for you to download.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• rockmom
    replied
    Sony DSR-11 batch digitizing issue

I work on an Avid Media Composer and have a Sony DSR-11 deck. I've been consistently having problems batch digitizing; I get an error message that says can't find preroll point. It works if I manually shuttle a couple of seconds before each clip to batch digitize.

I posted up on the Avid Forum and they said to set the deck to a slower shuttle speed. I can't figure out how to do this and don't seem to have my manual anymore. Does anyone know how to change the shuttle speed on the deck?

Thanks.

Jackie

Leave a comment:

• **DONOTDELETE**
    replied
    Limited hours to life

Mine's been working great for years too but I remember hearing that it has only a certain amount of hours of life before the heads go. Do you know what the hour limit is?
    Thanks, Syd

Leave a comment:

• **DONOTDELETE**
    replied
    Re: Sony DSR-11 Deck

Sony service dept is located in Norcrooss,Ga. My sony camera is there now for the 2nd time. Same problem. Turn around is pretty good,but make sure its fix!I live aprox 18 miles from there so its convenient. Also Panasonic is up there to. I might want to visit them for future purchases.
    JT

Leave a comment:

• Doyle
    replied

I have a DSR-11 that has performed flawlessly for almost 2 years. This week I got a MiniDV tape stuck in there and can't get it out. I opened it up and cannot get it to release so it looks like I may be sending it off to the service center in Georgia. The tape is still in the cassette so I am not sure what the problem is but since the cause isn't obvious I'd better send it off. No reaction when the eject button is pushed. Tape stock was new and only through the PD150 once. Any suggestions before it leaves or comments on Sony service would also be appreciated.

..Doyle

Leave a comment:

• WKMPellucid
    replied

I don't own the DSR-11, but have used it on a system I have done editing on in Philadelphia. Other then missing a front read out it is a fine VTR, records in DV and DVCAM. I shoot Panasonic DVCPRO and use their VTRs in my edit set-up.

Leave a comment:

• **DONOTDELETE**
    replied

Ditto to arniepix. It is a bit noisy and load times could be faster, but works great... basic and sound.

Leave a comment:

• Tad_Marsh
    replied

Johnny - I just purchased the DSR-11 and it has changed the way I work significantly. I struggled trying to decide if I should get the DSR-25 which is much more expensive...but has some nice features. In the end, the folks at BH Photo in New York City led me to conclude that I didn't need all that horsepower. You will be very happy with the DRS-11. I'm using DVCAM tapes, vice the miniDV tapes from my camera (Canon GL-1), so I can get much more on the tapes when recording to them.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny_W_Ching
    replied

Hey, thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• arniepix
    replied

I've been using a DSR-11 for 2 years with no problems. Just clean the heads at regular intervals & it'll give you years of reliable use.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny_W_Ching
    started a topic Sony DSR-11 Deck

Sony DSR-11 Deck

Thinking of getting the Sony DSR-11 DVcam deck. Anyone use this deck before? Is it reliable, any known issues? Look forward to reading any of your reviews on this product.

Thanks

Footer

Collapse
Working...
X