Firestore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firestore

Wanted to know if anyone is using the new Firestore and if so, how is it working out. Understand you can record in various formats i.e... QT, raw dv, ect.. any problems.. Thinking of buying one..
    JT

Re: Firestore

I love it. I have owned one for about a year. I have only had two problems with it. I think one of them may have been user error. I would run tape along with firestore just to be safe. I capture quicktime files since I edit on a mac. I would highly recommend it.

Chad

Comment

I've also had one for a year now. I really love it -- the only downside I have found is its size. I've got the "field pack" which is a case with room for the unit, a small form factor HD and an NP style battery. It's pretty unwieldy for any kind of run & gun application, but for something where I'm going to be in one place for a while, it's EXCELLENT.

One of my regular gigs is videographing a multi-hour theatre arts program. Not having to come back and digitize all the footage is heaven...

Al

Comment

im planning on getting the FS-4 Pro so i can capture straight to Avid DV OMF - how does the Firestore perform with the AG-DVX100a w/24Pa

Comment

Firestore + Quicktime?

Originally posted by **DONOTDELETE**
          I love it. I have owned one for about a year. I have only had two problems with it. I think one of them may have been user error. I would run tape along with firestore just to be safe. I capture quicktime files since I edit on a mac. I would highly recommend it.

Chad
          I'm running an XL2 at 24p and 16:9 and I'm having trouble getting Final Cut Pro to properly understand (on the timeline) the footage from this unit. Everything looks fine on the timeline, but when I render the footage out or try to print to tape, all my footage is off by several seconds.

It's like the 23.98 vs. 24 fps settings are causing problems.

I sent the following to Focus Enhancements, but they replied with "Contact Apple for Final Cut support":

Originally posted by LoneRonin
          I have a Firestore FS-40 and I have it connected to my Canon XL2 camera. I'm shooting in 24p, 16:9 and I have the Firestore set to capture Quicktime 24p files.

I've copied the captured footage from the Firestore to my Final Cut Pro 5.1 system and I have set the import settings and clip settings to: 24p, 48khz audio, anamorphic.

I have several problems:

1. Everything seems to work fine in the timeline view mode, when playing files, if I set the clip to 24 frames per second, but when I export the file to tape or quicktime, all the video is slightly off from where I cut the clips (unless I set the video to 23.98 fps).

2. If I set the clips to 23.98 fps and set the audio to 48khz and 16bit, the video is okay, but the audio drifts like crazy over the first minute and gets very, very out of sync after a few minutes.

3. If I set the project or sequence to 23.98 fps, the files require rendering -- which, according to your site and information, they should not require rendering.

Can you please tell me if there are Final Cut Pro settings you use or how I can set my Final Cut Pro project to properly interpret these captured files from the Firestore drive? It's obviously frustrating to have captured a bunch of footage and spend so much time trying to understand why that footage isn't working properly.
          Any ideas?
          John Flowers 'Ronin'
          e-mail: [email protected]
          aim: kanendosei
          web: www.casefilms.com
          ( Final Cut Studio, Motion, Shake, Combustion, Modo, Photoshop )

Comment

Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X