Problems with Sony DSR-1500A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Sony DSR-1500A.

Hello guys, hope you can help us. We recently got a Sony DSR-1500 and we have a problem with the capture device, to make it simple is not working. We use a G5 with Final Cut Pro 5, we also have try every single setting and nothing happens. The device control is on, we also check all the preferences and still not working.
    It's obviously that we are missing something ....anyone can help us.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Nmtok; 02-28-2007, 12:19 PM.

Did you change the control in the deck's menu setting to be iLink or RS422, depending on which you are using?

You may need the deck manual for that.

debe

Comment

This is via Firewire, on the deck display appears i-Link Dub but the iLink icon flashes continuously . Also the output display indicates video SDI and composite but no i-Link.

Comment

The flashing iLink is for video/audio input only. You still need to navigate the deck's menu to tell it to use iLink for deck control. That is not on the face of the deck.

The video output is not relevant for you right now.

debe
        Last edited by debe; 02-28-2007, 12:41 PM.

Comment

To clarify, the video output on the display is not relevant to you right now, because you are interested in firewire. The flashing iLink tells you that you will have video and audio input and output via firewire. You should still have the option of SDI, composite or component output (if your deck is so equipped) while still having firewire input and output.

This means you can monitor the deck with an external monitor at the same time, which may be beneficial. You can use the deck's character output from the composite output spigot. This will allow you to get a full view of the menu options so you can more easily see what you are doing. Otherwise, you need to step through using the window on the face of the deck, which is more difficult to navigate, especially if you are unfamiliar with the deck.

You need to hit the "Menu" button on the face of the deck, Navigate to the "Setup Menu". In the "Setup Menu", you want to select "Interface". In the "Interface" options, you have your choice of "iLink" or "9-Pin". I'd almost bet you a nickel it's set for 9-pin. Change it to iLink. Hit "Set" on the face of the deck to make the change stick, and the hit the "Menu" button on the face of the deck again to get you out of the Menu, and as long as your FW cable is good, and the control switch is in remote, you should be in business.

It's a lot easier if you have a monitor connected to the composite output.

debe
          Last edited by debe; 02-28-2007, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much Debe, you got it. I will send you a nickel.

Best regards.

Comment

You're welcome!

It's a good deck, it's just not quite as friendly as it seems it should be on the surface.

debe

Comment

Just had to say thanks, this Q & A saved me this morning!

Comment

Thanks for the post back, fgiraffe!

It's always nice to know when a search does a body good!

debe

Comment

Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X