Clear All

• DSR 11 and FCP 5.1 edit to tape problem

Hi Everybody,

I am working in PAL with an Intel IMac:
    2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2GB Ram
    FCP 5.1
    DSR 11

So far everything has been fine besides the odd audio drop-out with long programmes. But quite recently I discovered some strange behaviour, which I can't for sure tell if it is my computer or the deck:

1. I monitor out over my DSR 11 (firewire) and when I am looking at a multiclip sequence (even when it is collapsed) in my viewing monitor (via deck) I see a grey screen with some rectangels displaying parts of the video picture and the audio is totally distorted. Then I usually switch on and off the deck (sometimes I have to do this several times) and it is back to normal. Sometimes this does not solve the problem and I unplug the firewire and/or unplug the power cord from the deck, if that does not help then a shut down and reboot, most of the time this helps.

2. The next odd thing that appeared is when I try to edit to tape: I always make selfcontained movies and put them on the internal harddrive and play these out off FCP. When I edit to tape, the first lot works just fine, but when I try to run another section of my timeline to tape only the video is put onto tape and no audio. I restarted my computer several times and even gave it a rest of 30min to cool down as well as switched on and off the deck, but nothing helps... I also trashed my FCP preference file, but nothing.

Has anyone come across this and does anyone know how to fix this.

I am thankful for all help, have a lot of deadlines upcoming...

Best from England.

Mon

Please do not duplicate posts. Submit to what you think is the most appropriate forum... don't worry, it will get seen. Thanks!

also posted in the FCP forum (FCP5.1 and DSR11 edit to tape problem)
    Last edited by Zwick; 11-02-2007, 01:10 PM.
    sigpic
    Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X