Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arniepix
    replied
    Sounds like the tape was recorded in LP mode. The DSR-11 will not play back tapes shot in LP.

Leave a comment:

• Manitoba John
    replied
    Reason I mention Panasonic in my title

I apologize. The title of the question I posted is confusing. I'd mentioned Panasonic referring to Panasonic tapes thinking that there might be a significance to that in figuring out my problem. I just forgot to mention that in the main body of my message. In my experiment I'd tried to make a copy of a Panasonic miniDVtape from my Canon XH A1 to a Canon miniDV tape on the DSR 11.

Leave a comment:

• Manitoba John
    started a topic DSR 11 playing back Panasonic Mini DV 16:9

DSR 11 playing back Panasonic Mini DV 16:9

Hello,

I've used my DSR 11 to log and capture in FCP after shooting on an XL1 4:3 mini DVwith no problems. I'm shooting 16:9 now with a Canon XH A1 and tried to make a copy of a master tape. The tape I made showed no time code and seemed to drop frames. Should this be the case? Should a Sony DSR 11 be able to record or play-back 16:9 recorded tapes? I've read the manual and nowhere does it say anything about either 4:3 or 16:9.

Thanks.

p.s. I was experimenting with an old tape when I tried to copy a master from the XH A1 to the DSR 11. Maybe that was the problem?

John

Footer

Collapse
Working...
X