Transfer Betacam SP to miniDV in HVX200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Betacam SP to miniDV in HVX200

Hi, I have a Betacam SP tape from another company that I'm trying to get in to Final Cut. Long story short, I tried using my Betacam deck (sony UVW-1400) component out to my Decklink HD capture card and it didn't work. I was told that might not really work at all.

So now I'm trying to dub the Betacam SP tape to a miniDV in my HVX200 via s-video. I can see the video from the deck play and pause but I can't record it? I guess it's because I'm in VCR mode? In camera mode I can't see the video and in dub mode I only see blue thumbnails? Can someone point me in the right direction, I don't use this deck often so I don't really remember much about it. It may be in camera settings too though.

Caleb

Originally posted by Caleb T. View Post
    Hi, I have a Betacam SP tape from another company that I'm trying to get in to Final Cut. Long story short, I tried using my Betacam deck (sony UVW-1400) component out to my Decklink HD capture card and it didn't work. I was told that might not really work at all.

So now I'm trying to dub the Betacam SP tape to a miniDV in my HVX200 via s-video. I can see the video from the deck play and pause but I can't record it? I guess it's because I'm in VCR mode? In camera mode I can't see the video and in dub mode I only see blue thumbnails? Can someone point me in the right direction, I don't use this deck often so I don't really remember much about it. It may be in camera settings too though.

Caleb
    Hi Caleb,

I don't see why the DeckLink card will not capture from the Betacam deck unless you have a model which does not have analog capture support. The DeckLink cards default to SDI input so make sure you go into your control panel or system preferences (Mac) and change the input settings of the card to component. If you don't have those options, then the card you have is not capable of analog video capture.

Comment

Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X