Dubbing DVCPro50 to DVCam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubbing DVCPro50 to DVCam

I need to makes some DVCam dubs of DVCPro50 tapes -- going from an SD93 to a DSR-11. I've connected them via firewire and have set the DSR-11 to accept external time code but the DSR-11 isn't recording anything. Is there something else I need to do?

Also, in the future I will have to do the same thing with a DSR-30 deck instead of the DSR-11. I had a look at the DSR-30 but couldn't figure out where the external time code feature is. (It's borrowed, and I'm not familiar with it.) Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

You cannot dub from DV50 to DV25 via firewire. You need to use an SDI or analog connection for the video & audio & an RS-422 connection for the TC. and the DSR-11 can only accept external TC over the firewire connection, so you'll have to use a different deck.
    http://www.arniepix.com/
    Post production is not an afterthought!

Comment

First drop the DV50 footage into a DV timeline and render. Then you can play out to the DSR-11 though they do not have addressable timecode. If you want true dubs with timecode it would need to go deck to deck with higher quality decks.

Noah
      GH2, GoPro HD, AC160, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D training at www.CallBoxLive.com
      40% discount for 2-poppers! Use code 2pop2012 on these titles.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will try it with the DSR-30 since I do need accurate timecode. Anyone know how to set a DSR-30 to external timecode?

Comment

Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X