Need digital 8, mini dv, VHS decks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need digital 8, mini dv, VHS decks

I am in need of a mini dv deck as of right now, but I thought maybe I should get a mini dv/vhs deck. How do they work? Can you capture VHS right to the computer without transfering it to Mini dv with these decks? What decks do you guys recommend? I was thinking of just getting a digial 8 deck seperate!

Thanks Parksy
    www.anchorstudios.ca

Did you have a deck in mind? I don't think there is too much in the offering on MiniDV/VHS these days.

For VHS I use a Canopus ADVC 100, now replaced by the ADVC 110.
    sigpic
    Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

Humm I am not sure. I used to use video cameras, but I really wanted a professional deck this time around? What is everyone using to get their clients mini dv or dv cam in?

Comment

Well, a pro deck wouldn't include VHS. The long time favorite was the Sony DSR-11 but that has been discontinued. You may want to look around eBay. The replacement deck from Sony is the HVR-M15U. Since this is also HDV and you have posted in another forum you are thinking about a HDV camera, this might be something to look into.
        sigpic
        Person in charge

Comment

Thanks soo much. So this deck above with capture my mini dv tapes, but what will it do for HD? Another question, it might be basic, but I have never had a deck before, so correct me if I am wrong. It only captures video into your comptuer? Is there more things decks do? I know in the old days they used them hardcore, but I have been just using a regular camera for this.

Sorry for the basic questios.

Darryl

Comment

Originally posted by parksyboy View Post
            Sorry for the basic questios.

Darryl
            You need to read and understand the specs. If you don't you're going to eventually find yourself in a mess.
            sigpic
            Person in charge

Comment

Ok I read the Specs. Thanks for the hint. Now that I read the specs i think I understand a little bit more about it, but still don't exactly what the uses of a deck are? You can export back to tape? Is it just a exporter and inporter? Where do you insert the tapes. I never see places to insert the tapes? If you are going tapeless, how does this help you? Do you use it so you have a backup copy on tape after you used harddrive? Sorry for all the questions am a bit confused on this topic.

Parksy

Comment

Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X