Sony Beta Deck Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Beta Deck Error

I'm having a problem with our Sony beta deck (Sony UVW-1800) I'm getting a "no ref" error but I'm still getting video and audio signal into the deck - it just won't record. I can still import into our FCP system and monitor from the deck (at least today, if I don't try and record anything - yesterday, not so much...)

Is this a cable problem? FCP issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Elisheba

You may have to dig up the manual for this one, but it's looking for external reference. (also called black burst signal.)

You either need to connect an external reference signal or tell the machine to use it's own internal reference. That's where the manual will come in handy.

debe

Comment

I'm using a Kona LHe card and there is a Ref Vid cable going to the deck from the card but I can take the cable on and off and nothing changes.

I have the manual open for the reference video. I don't see anything about changing to an internal reference.

I also tried recording even with the alarm. I got a black and white distorted image and then another error message (error 94-000)

The problem I'm having with this is that it worked fine the other day and then just started with the "Reference Video" alarm. Nothing changed in the system! I know we've always had some issue with the reference video as our monitor has always drifted vertically, but why is it just now giving me this problem???

Elisheba

Comment

Ratz.

I suppose you've already tried powering everything down and letting it sit for a few minutes?

If nothing changed, and it used to work...

I would think that if there is a menu item that toggles internal and external reference, that it would be hard to toggle it if you can't find it. So it's probably not that...

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Anyone else?!?

debe

Comment

Problem solved!... kindof

There's still a reference issue but apparently I've been working with an inherited workaround that I didn't know about. Someone else was using the deck and accidentally reset the menu - thus all the sudden problems!

To record without a reference video input, apparently in the operational function, all the options have to be set on EE (as opposed to PB) and the reference alarm turned off.

Anyway - thanks for the help!
          Elisheba

Comment

Glad you figured it out!

Thanks for reporting back for the next person who has the problem!!

debe

Comment

Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X