X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zwick
    replied
    Originally posted by Ptomz View Post
    Any suggestions on what the optimum internal HD config would be for FCP storage on a quad core G5? Brand specific and drive size would be helpful.

thanks
    PT
    What is supported on that is 2 Serial ATA. Otherwise it's a 3rd party mod. I'd suggest a large enough system drive to handle what you have and what you project for as long as you plan to keep using that. Give at least 10% added in for overhead.

For the second bay, I have not had a problem with any Western Digital, Hitachi or Seagate drives for several years. WD has a 2 TB offering and I think everybody offers up to 1.5 TB.
    Last edited by Zwick; 08-03-2009, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• debe
    replied
    I will ask the Technogeek when I can get his attention. In the meanwhile, I suggest you start your own thread with this question. New questions tacked on to old threads have a tendency to be overlooked....

:-)

debe

Leave a comment:

• Ptomz
    replied
    Any suggestions on what the optimum internal HD config would be for FCP storage on a quad core G5? Brand specific and drive size would be helpful.

thanks
    PT

Leave a comment:

• Zwick
    replied
    Adding a higher capacity drive is not a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Mac1
    replied
    one more ?

My mac pro has 640gigs in the hardrive bay one. Does the next one have to be
    640gigs too. Can it be a higher capacity? I sound dumb but i just got into adding my own hardware and don't wan to make a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Mac1
    replied
    just want another hardrive to put my FCP storage on

Just need to dedicate another drive for FCP. I'll be storing 13 half hour shows plus the footage. Thanks, Mac

Leave a comment:

• debe
    replied
    It's only an issue if you want to RAID two or more drives together. You should have matching drives for that.

Doesn't sound like that's what you want to do, so yeah, Noah's got it!

debe

Leave a comment:

• NoahKadner
    replied
    Sure

Noah

Leave a comment:

• Mac1
    replied
    can I use a diff brand

Is it cool to use a different brand like seagate, Hitachi, baracuda etc., as long as the specs are the same?

Leave a comment:

• debe
    replied
    Go to the Apple icon in the upper left hand corner of your menu bar.

Select "About This Mac"

In the pop-up window that opens, click the "More Info..." button

In the window that opens, select "Serial-ATA" from the left-hand pane. That will tell you exactly what model SATA drive you have in your machine.

debe

Leave a comment:

• Mac1
    started a topic adding an SATA drive...

adding an SATA drive...

I'm adding another HD to my quad core Mac pro. Who makes apples hardrives? I want to check out better prices...thanks for my reply

Footer

Collapse
Working...
X