Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zwick
    replied
    I got a call Thursday from a photographer friend/associate who plugged a Sonnet FW adapter into a MacBook Pro and fried the laptop. I've heard similar horror stories before. I'm trying to get more details on exactly what he was connecting and how especially since he tried the same adapter on a new iMac and it worked (gutsy huh?) I believe he was simply plugging in a La Cie drive but don't know if the drive was bus powered, power off, etc.

Leave a comment:

• BenB
    replied
    If you're going to a newer Mac that only has FW800, then yes, you need a FW400 to FW800 cable. Look for a place online called Firewire Depot. I used to get lots of odd cables from them. Don't have a URL off hand.

Leave a comment:

• Zwick
    replied
    1394b is FW 800. I don't think the camera is outputting FW 800, if what you're trying to do is get a faster transfer.

Leave a comment:

• elmerlang
    started a topic Looking for 3-ft FW 9pin/4pin cable

Looking for 3-ft FW 9pin/4pin cable

I'm looking for a 3-ft FW 9pin/4pin cable to capture from my HV20 to a hd with just FW800. The only thing I've seen is 6-ft cables.

And what is IEEE 1394b? Is that referring to the 4-pin? I ask cause here's what I've found: http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-F01...d_bxgy_e_img_b

Maybe they don't make 6-ft cables, but I have a 3-ft FW400 -> 4-pin, was just hoping.

Thanks!
    Last edited by elmerlang; 10-30-2010, 09:04 AM.

Footer

Collapse
Working...
X