re-do the interface!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-do the interface!

I searched on "interface" and couldn't believe this didn't come up first.

-Make the buttons bigger
    -make the window bar type, viewer tab type, any of the type on the interface bigger and more contrasty (yes I know you can make the browser type bigger...)
    -put a "smooth" option on the keyframes of the "center" adjustment...get rid of that "ease in/ease out" option click on the canvas, or make it work like an ADO or DPM700.
    -in fact, just create emulations of the interfaces of all the popular image manipulation tools from the 80s - ADO, Abekas/A53/A57/DVEous, DPM700...now THAT would be COOL...and I'd get better flying boxes, too
    -anything else?

I dunno, Mike.

I wouldn't take back my old Kaleidoscope interface for all the money in Apple's bank account. That was a complicated way to get things done. I never worked with Abekas, but I remember colleagues comparing that interface with a manual for a Japanese car that was printed in Mongolia translated to English from Turkish.

However, I really miss all my real-time effects. I could turn on every dang thing in my K'Scope and it would keep running in real-time. Nary a whimper from it. Of course the actual brains of the outfit were the size of my 'fridge in my first tiny apartment and it cast off enough heat that the machine room still needed air conditioning even in winter...

The DPM series...now that was a step up in interface, but still...jeepers. How many buttons didja have to push just to get that puppy to Strobe?

Oh, wait. You were mostly kidding, weren't you?!

debe

Comment

nope...

Nope...not about the A53 interface, nor the stupid grey on grey color scheme and the 7 point type FCP uses.

The interface needs a lot of work.

All keyframes in the motion tab are smoothable...except Center, where you have to go into the Canvas window, select the Image + Wireframe mode, and toggle the keyframes to "ease in, ease out"...which is essentially undoable?

No, the interface needs A LOT of work.

Comment

-make the window bar type, viewer tab type, any of the type on the interface bigger and more contrasty (yes I know you can make the browser type bigger...)
        ?
        While it might look cooler, I think that "contrasty" interfaces are problematic. Most design software has ugly grey scales because they use non-bias tones. At least I've found the color scheme useful in this way.

That's why everything in Ubuntu Studio is non-bias colors. I'd enjoy Ubuntu Studio if there was a descent NLE for linux that worked interchangeably with FCP.

Comment

Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X