Cross dissolve transition issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross dissolve transition issue

Have been using iMovie on-and-off for a few years now but this has confused me a little. I'm putting together a simple music video for a friend. I am using free archive footage and film of my friend performing.

I want to place a cross-dissolve transition between two clips (10s and 15s long). The second clip is of the singer 'lip-synching'. (I have detached audio from both clips and imported mp3 of song).
    The problem is, when I place the cross-dissolve between them, it knocks the lip-synch completely out (0.4s transition knocks out the audio by about 3s, which seems very strange). What I actually WANT to achieve is a 2-3s cross-dissolve which leaves the lip-synch intact.

Of course, there could be something really simple that I have/have not done (it's happened before!).

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be pleased to read them.

John

put the pix and track in sync, export as full size movie then import back. Not sure whether this will cross dissolve the audio as well
    Or do the X dissolve, pix only, export and reimport that then sync up the mp3.
    gretta
    Last edited by gretta; 05-09-2011, 05:26 PM.
    Downtown Dailies/blue studio
    Documentary & Advocacy Video
    Madison WI

Comment

Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X