Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Sony Media Converters with iMovie3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Sony Media Converters with iMovie3?

Our school district recently built a new eMac lab for multimedia production. (We built a lab in one of our high schools last year with eMacs, the lab at the second school has newer eMacs).

The new lab's eMacs came with Jaguar (the older lab is still pre-Jaguar OS X) and we recently upgraded to iMovie 3 on those eMacs. (The older lab also upgraded to iMovie 3).

Problem is, iMovie 3 appears to not work with the Sony Media Converters. At least not the first-generation boxes. I think they found a way to make the second-generation boxes work but I forget the details.

We've re-installed iMovie 2 on all the machines. About half of each lab has Canopus boxes which work fine, but there are still Sony boxes on the rest of the computers.

Does anyone know a way to make Sony Media Converters (either generation) work with iMovie 3? I don't expect we'll have the budget anytime soon to buy Canopus boxes for all the editing stations in the labs.

Thanks in advance!

- Mike

Re: Using Sony Media Converters with iMovie3?

Mike, I am not having a problem using the Sony converter DVMC-DA2 with iMovie 3.

Can you be more specific as to what the problem is? Just input? Just output? both?

Comment

Re: Using Sony Media Converters with iMovie3?

I believe the problem is in sending video back out to the box once it has been edited in iMovie 3. I'll ask around here at the school today (I'll be in the lab shortly) and get back to you.

Thanks for the reply!

- Mike

Comment

Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X