Prepping clips for transcripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepping clips for transcripts

I've got two types of interviews in my doc footage - entire sitdown interviews and interviews on the fly in the field. I need to prep these to get to a transcription service. I've captured everything from HDV to prores.

How best do I prep the two types of material?

I'm especially wondering about the field stuff, as I know I'll need to cut out all the non-interview stuff. How do I keep timecodes straight? Make a subclip for each interview with it's own TC and drop the series in a time line?

I was hoping someone who gets TC entered into transcripts would answer you. I never have felt the need for TC in a transcript. I log and capture field interviews as separate clips, named appropriately, and drop them into a sequence, export the seq as audio only for transcribing.
    I make internal markers in the clips for different subjects, statements etc. I like writing on the paper transcript where the individual clips start and end.
    Sit down interviews, I L&C separate questions as well, any cutaways, whatever, and do the sequence export audio as well.
    Never been sure why or when TC would be useful in my all-DV world.

post your solution,
    Gretta
    Downtown Dailies/blue studio
    Documentary & Advocacy Video
    Madison WI

Comment

Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X