Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reveal Master clip in bin across projects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reveal Master clip in bin across projects?

Due to the "weight" of my project files if I keep captured footage, archived timelines and active timelines in one project file I have broken it up:

1. one project file for active timelines
    2. one project file for footage
    3. one project file for archived timelines

I can match frame from a clip in the timeline back to the viewer easily (F) but is there a way to reveal the master clip in ANOTHER project file's browser bin? When I hit shift F it offers to add the master clip to the browser but that's not what I'm looking for. I want it to jump to the other opened "source media" project file and highlight the clip in the browser bin.

I'm working in FCP 7. Advice appreciated

Erin

1st, I'd not break your production up into so many different FCP project files. Use Bin's in the Browser to organize it all. That's what Bin's and sub-Bin's are for.

No, you can't Match Frame across projects. Each project is it's own database of footage, they don't read off of other project files. Put it all in one Project, and use Bin's to organize it all.
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Comment

normal for FCP projects to get slow when they are 100mb?

I agree about bins. My problem is it's a feature length doc (need to have numerous timelines on the ready) with 70 hours of footage. So when FCP performance gets sluggy after the project file reaches over 100mb I'm at a loss.

Ie There's no way to keep the size of the project file down without making a project for source footage, a project for archives, and a project for active timelines etc

as to why it gets sluggy when the project file gets over 100mb, maybe it would run more efficiently if I had more RAM. Thoughts? Right now have 4gb on a quad core

Thanks for advice.

Erin

Comment

Yep, you want 8GB RAM at least, for something that size. 2TB internal drives would also improve performance over external drives.

What is your hard drive set up right now?
        Digital Media Instructor for
        Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Comment

Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X