poster frames on iweb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poster frames on iweb

This may not be the right forum for this but ... has anyone run into difficulty with poster frames and iweb. I set up a poster frame on my clip but when I select "play" the clip plays from the poster frame and not from the beginning of the clip.

Thanks,

You're probably not going to like my ultimate conclusion (I don't) on this but before I get to it I need to ask... What version of iWeb are you using, what version of QT and what version of OS X?

Next how are you setting the poster frame? Did you set it in QT (View>Set Poster Frame) or did you use the Inspector in iWeb (Inspector>QuickTime Tab and use the slider)? Either way SHOULD work and make sure the start frame is 00.00.00.00. Finally, are you publishing to the web or to a folder and what browsers have you used to view the site?

The bad news here is I'm on iWeb '08, QT 7.6.4 and OS 10.4.11 and I get the poster frame in iWeb but not in the published site with either Safari or Firefox. When I go to the page online the QT player is at the 1st frame.
    sigpic
    Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

OK, so now I'm trying to work around this poster frame issue... so I imported the quicktime file of my clip into Final Cut, grabbed a freeze from the clip and put :04 on the head to simulate the poster frame in iweb. It plays back fine in final cut BUT when I export it as a Quicktime File , the clip breaks up at the transition between the freeze frame at the top and the clip.

Why is this happening???

Is it a compression issue? format issue?
      I wish the poster frame would just work. I would like to get my website launched but at this point all the videos start on black.
      thanks,
      I have final cut 7.03... iweb 3...

Comment

You could also try using YouTube and embed. I believe you get a number of option there for choosing a poster frame and there is the added advantage of additional exposure.
        You didn't answer all of my questions by the way.
        Last edited by Zwick; 04-07-2011, 07:48 AM.
        sigpic
        Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
        Person in charge
        Content creation/Education
        http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X