Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What film, television, or other creative endeavor first inspired you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What film, television, or other creative endeavor first inspired you?

Greetings!

If you're a member of this community, chances are high that you work in production, or are developing the skills needed to jump into creating your own content. I suspect many of us have stories of the first time we were inspired to make a film, animation, song, or some other creative endeavor.

For me it was seeing the Kid by Charlie Chaplin. I was maybe five or six years old and was used to loud and bright cartoons from the early 80s. Early one Saturday morning I got up and was flipping channels on our television (this was back when I had to sit directly in front of the screen to flip channels because there was no remote control). Anyway, one of the local channels used to fill the late night and early morning hours with old movies.

I was completely floored by the Kid. I was never much for crying, but that movie really hit me hard and it completely changed the way I thought about movies. A switch had been flipped in my brain and I could see the myriad possibilities that could be achieved with the simplest of tools.

Did you have a similar experience? What first inspired you to pursue your passion for creative expression?

Footer

Collapse
Working...
X