new macbook pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new macbook pro

Purchasing a new Macbook Pro to replace my 2010 2.4GHz-i5,15 inch, 7200rpm, 8GBram which is having reoccurring over-heating issues. Apple is offering me a...

2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 512MB GDDR5 memory, 500GB, 5400RPM, 4GB ram- (BTW-Apple is replacing it under Apple Care) I'm paying for upgrades...

customizing with:
    750GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm -150.00
    8GB ram - 100.00
    15-inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display -100.00

Apple is suggesting that I also upgrade to 2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB GDDR5 memory-cost 200.00

Light to moderate HD editing using FCP7.

Will the 2.6 upgrade be a noticeable and necessary upgrade for performance? My research so far has mixed opinions and the focus is on the MB retina....THX dan
    Last edited by dogpaw; 06-03-2013, 12:50 PM.

For what you are paying, you will see minimal if any increase in performance moving from 2.3 to 2.6. I would, however, get as much RAM as you can afford.
    David
    2-pop Guide

A New Blog About Video
    secondchairvideo
    http://www.secondchairvideo.com/

Comment

Thanks David,
      Would this same scenario apply to 7200rpm vs 54000rpm... little difference in performance?
      DAN
      Last edited by dogpaw; 06-03-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I don't anticipate much of a change between 7200 rpm and 5400 rpm, but it's always a better option to go with a faster drive.

You won't be using your boot drive as a media drive as well, so not much of a difference in performance in my view.

SSD is a different story. And a more expensive story.
        David
        2-pop Guide

A New Blog About Video
        secondchairvideo
        http://www.secondchairvideo.com/

Comment

Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X