Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Recorders with Automatic Scene Detection for Auto Chapter Markers

Hello,
    It's been a while since my last post but I'm trying to find a DVD Recorder that has the ability to automatically add chapter markers based on auto or "smart" scene detection. I've seen some different variations of this technology (Sony, Phillips, Panasonic) but it's a hard feature to research because it's a fairly rare technology - for whatever reason. Basically, I want to play an analog source deck and record with the DVD recorder. I want the finalized DVD to have chapter markers at the beginning of each new scene. I understand that the DVD spec has a limitation of 99 chapters per DVD. I also understand that this can be done manually after capturing footage in Final Cut Pro. In this case, I don't want to capture to FCP.

In a perfect world, I could find a device with "smart" chaptering that would place chapter markers automatically on the fly (based on changes in video or audio).

Does anyone own/recommend a DVD-Recorder from the past or present that can do something like this?

Thanks!
    Chris Ratchford
    Columbus, OH
    Chris Ratchford
    Columbus, Ohio

Footer

Collapse
Working...
X