how to make an all I frame mpeg-2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make an all I frame mpeg-2

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this in Compressor? I have looked around in there and I don't see a way. I heard that if I make an H.264 that I could adjust the GOP to all I frames but it does not give me that option. Thanks for the help!

My initial thought is, why? You're trying to defeat the compression scheme, putting all the data into every frame and I think it would be a bandwidth pig. I could be wrong but that's my gut reaction.
    sigpic
    Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

The reason is because the peice of gear that it is being uploaded to wants it that way. It calls for mpeg-2, all I frame GOP. I am only doing what the machine is asking me to do! So is there a way?
      Last edited by sportyOhio; 06-18-2008, 11:34 AM.

Comment

MPEG-2 is a Long GOP format. If you put all I frames, it's no longer MPEG-2 (nor H.264). So anyone asking for all I frame formats of Long GOP codecs simply has no idea what they're talking about.

IMHO...
        Digital Media Instructor for
        Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Comment

Originally posted by BenB View Post
          MPEG-2 is a Long GOP format. If you put all I frames, it's no longer MPEG-2 (nor H.264). So anyone asking for all I frame formats of Long GOP codecs simply has no idea what they're talking about.

IMHO...
          It's not "they," he is being asked by THE MACHINE. The Machine Messiah.

"I am only doing what the machine is asking me to do!"
          Last edited by Zwick; 06-28-2008, 12:10 PM.
          sigpic
          Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
          Person in charge
          Content creation/Education
          http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

Originally posted by Zwick View Post
            It's not "they," he is being asked by THE MACHINE. The Machine Messiah.

"I am only doing what the machine is asking me to do!"
            Might be time to Rage Against the Machine... ahem. But seriously an all I-frame MPEG-2 is possible, just not sure Compressor is capable of making one. Might be more of a hardware encoder/windows thingy. Perhaps you can specify the destination equipment so we can give you a more specific recommendation.

Noah
            Last edited by NoahKadner; 06-28-2008, 12:39 PM.
            GH2, GoPro HD, AC160, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D training at www.CallBoxLive.com
            40% discount for 2-poppers! Use code 2pop2012 on these titles.

Comment

It's a DL.2 by Highend Systems. Here is the video specs for this. http://www.highend.com/support/digit...tomContent.asp
              The client opted not to use this piece of equipment because we found out you actually have to spend another $900 and buy their software in order to make the all I frame GOP Mpeg-2 happen. I guess they should have looked into this before buying the thing. I was just hoping there was a way around it with the compression software I already have. Thanks!

Comment

The silly thing is I can do 99% of what these dedicated systems do for $$$ with a Mac Mini or MacBook Pro connected via DVI to a plasma or projector. And I get a free Mac to boot.

Noah
                GH2, GoPro HD, AC160, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D training at www.CallBoxLive.com
                40% discount for 2-poppers! Use code 2pop2012 on these titles.

Comment

Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X