Qt Movs To Flash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Movs To Flash

I am having a MISERABLE time trying to find out HOW to convert a QT movie to Flash for the web. We have Flash CS3 and a number of other tools, BUT I can't seem to find the right settings to make sure that the quality of the Flash vids are as close to the original as possible.

Can anyone help?

We have a number of LARGE video files that we want to put on our web site BUT retaining the quality that you might see at Apple's website, for example. I am sure MANY of those vids are streaming video, but I have noticed they use both Flash and MOV files.

Thanks for your consideration.

I encode my FLV files in MPEG Streamclip. You need to have the On2 VP6 CODEC though, so you need Flash but I just find it easier to go this route.

Open a high quality video in Streamclip and use File > Export to Other Formats, select Macromedia Flash Video (FLV) from the pull-down and go to the Options button. I choose Flash 8-High Quality 700 kbps w/ audio at 128 kbps. Key frames and Frame rate are under the Advanced Settings if you feel you need to change them. A custom Max data rate can also be chosen there. If the frame size is larger than 640 x 480 I would consider increasing the data rate. I always recommend using a default setting to begin with. People often make assumptions about "if this looks good, then--crank up the numbers--this should look even better!" What they usually end up doing is making a mess of things.

Note: Toruscope had a problem posting and we got into this via PM'img. I asked him to post formally in case others have additional insight and because it serves the next person having the same or similar issue. Thanks Toruscope!

By the way, here is the site and what they are working on: http://torusentertainment.com/TORUS_...e_Preview.html

Mac, let me know how it things turn out.
    Last edited by Zwick; 07-05-2008, 06:59 PM.
    sigpic
    Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X