Workflow / Multiple Destinations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workflow / Multiple Destinations

I am trying to work out if compressor can distribute to more then one location once processing. So it would be making copies of the one clip being processed.

I need to encode quicktimes from ProRes to H.264 files, I have already created a droplet for this. I then have to copy the H.264 file to a couple of locations, including the internal network, two FTPs sites and an external network location. I know that compressor can process to an FTP site but I require Compressor to distribute to more then one destination.

The next problem I have is compressor capable of creating a dated folder to place the final H.264 QT in once processed? Yes this is for a dailies review sessions.

If anybody has alternate ideas to complete this process i would also be interested in hearing about them.

Any help on this work workflow would be greatly appreciated.

Have you looked into creating a workflow using Automator?
    sigpic
    Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

Yeah that's what i am currently looking into, trying to get compressor to run an automator action once compressing. I have never used automator or applescript before so its a bit of a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by asmith View Post
        I have never used automator or applescript before so its a bit of a challenge.
        That's why you probably won't get any better an answer. I thought about it foe a couple of minutes, went, "this is conceivable" but after that my head started to hurt...
        sigpic
        Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
        Person in charge
        Content creation/Education
        http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

Final Cut Studio...
          Automator script to make copies to specific places, but it won't be directly tied into Compressor, it'll have to act on the H.264 files after it's created and Compressor is out of the picture. Check into Folder Actions, too, with an Automator script.
          Digital Media Instructor for
          Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Comment

Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X