Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uprezzing Video

Hey guys,
    I've been surfing the net looking for software that will convert sd to hd and I've found things like Red Giant's Instant HD (it works with FCS 1 on a ppc) but then I look at their Instant HD Advanced and they say that they've discontinued it because Compressor can do the same thing.
    Is this in a later version of it or can I do this in Compressor 2?
    Thanks!

Yes, but...

Uprezing SD to HD will never make it look like HD. Ots always going to look less than. The goal is to get it to uprez with the least among of image degradation. There are better solutions than Compressor 3.5.
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Comment

Originally posted by BenB View Post
      Yes, but...

Uprezing SD to HD will never make it look like HD. Ots always going to look less than. The goal is to get it to uprez with the least among of image degradation. There are better solutions than Compressor 3.5.
      I have never heard of Compressor being able to do this.
      If one wanted to use Compressor for upscaled video, how would one do that?

Comment

I take it not many people know much about this for Compressor.
        Im assuming transcoding to to 4222 pr is not what your this is.

Comment

If you want to use Compressor 3.5 or 4, it's pretty easy. Take the footage into Compressor, apply the ProRes 422 preset, then set Geometry controls to increase to the size you want, and frame controls to the quality you want.

But you'll never get SD to uprez to HD without losing some image quality.
          Last edited by BenB; 10-26-2011, 09:10 AM.
          Digital Media Instructor for
          Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Comment

I uprez older footage just so it's native to my prores 1080i timeline.

If you already have an HD deck, see if it features any SD input.

If you can input SD into your HD device, it will naturally output in HD space. Just play 'through' it.
            Last edited by csharp; 11-14-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X