data disk QT file skips / dropout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• data disk QT file skips / dropout

I am trying to playback a data file I created but it skips and there is video dropout just after edit points.

I am using FCP 7 project edited with HDV 1080p30 footage. I exported a self contained QT file and copied it onto a DL Disk.

To test it out I copied the file from the DL disk onto my desk top and played it back BUT it skips and there is slight drop out a second or so after each edit. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I'm realizing that it is the self contained QT file I exported that is skipping and has video dropout periodically. How come this does this?

Comment

OK Me again... so I'm realizing, could this be a sequence preset setting issue? I had the sequence set at DV NTSC48khz. Should I copy it and paste it in a new sequence preset? The footage was shot HDV 1440x1080. What should the sequence preset be -- or am I barking down the wrong tree. Thanks

Comment

Native HDV Editing Workflow

sigpic
        Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
        Person in charge
        Content creation/Education
        http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

Steve Jobs has no clothes

Originally posted by jpl View Post
          I'm realizing that it is the self contained QT file I exported that is skipping and has video dropout periodically. How come this does this?
          This may sound like heresy to loyal Mac users, but if there was one piece of advice I could give, it would be to NEVER use QT for anything that counts. The codec has had no serious work done on it since....circa 1996. It's very simple. apple is now a PHONE company, and their MP4 codecs for the iThings is vastly superior and super compatible with the world. QT movs work some of the time, on Macs only. QT still has the audio drift sync problem! It should have gone away with the 3.5 floppy drive. Do yourself a favor and realize that MP4 is the way to go for output.

Comment

Originally posted by mmckee58 View Post
            This may sound like heresy to loyal Mac users, but if there was one piece of advice I could give, it would be to NEVER use QT for anything that counts. The codec has had no serious work done on it since....circa 1996. It's very simple. apple is now a PHONE company, and their MP4 codecs for the iThings is vastly superior and super compatible with the world. QT movs work some of the time, on Macs only. QT still has the audio drift sync problem! It should have gone away with the 3.5 floppy drive. Do yourself a favor and realize that MP4 is the way to go for output.
            QuickTime is not a CODEC, it's a multimedia framework. A .MOV file is also not a CODEC it's a container just as MP4 is a container and they can use the same MPEG-4 CODECS. There is no such thing in video as a "way to go for output."
            Last edited by Zwick; 06-19-2012, 01:04 PM.
            sigpic
            Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
            Person in charge
            Content creation/Education
            http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X