Error 2048 File does not play on PCs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 2048 File does not play on PCs

How do you export a file so it is not "wrapped" by FCP. It is having trouble opening up on PCs.

This error message appears: Error 2048: Couldn't open file because it is not a file QT understands.

This was my process:
    Exported sequence to Compressor using QT Conversion:
    H.264
    HD 1440 x 1080

Then I burned it through Toast selecting for Mac and PC.

Does it need to be "unwrapped" of FCP so it plays in a PC?

Thanks

Something is missing here. What is it EXACTLY you're trying to do? First, don't use QuickTime conversions, next it sounds like there is no QuickTime installed on the PC? Anyway, please describe this in greater detail.
    sigpic
    Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

Comment

Sorry. I created a QT file of a half hour film which I burned onto several DVDs. The client wants a QT file of the project to download and playback on their computers. Some of their computers are mac based. others are pcs.

Comment

What is it you exported out of Compressor? What setting did you export the file(s) with?
        sigpic
        Person in charge

Comment

This was my process:
          Exported sequence to Compressor using QT Conversion:
          H.264
          HD 1440 x 1080

Then I burned it through Toast selecting for Mac and PC.

Comment

Sorry , I meant I exported using QT conversion, H.264, HD 1440 x 1080.

Comment

OK, don't use QT Conversions. Exporting to QT Conversions and to Compressor are two different options. However, I almost never used either one of these options. I used Export > QuickTime Movie... > Current Settings, usually self-contained. This way I have a full-res version of the sequence I can then take into Compressor or whatever to encode to something else. I recommend trying that and export whatever the client specifies using Compressor.

I'd also recommend that the client is copying whatever you burn to DVD to their computer, just in case this isn't happening... You are creating a Data DVD in Toast correct?... You shouldn't even really need to use Toast, just burn from the desktop.
              Last edited by Zwick; 08-08-2012, 04:56 PM.
              sigpic
              Person in charge

Comment

Thanks Zwick. I will try this out.

Comment

I exported my sequence via QT self contained but the sequence has drop out in some places and stutters during playback. HDV1080p30
                  I have FCP 7 . OS 10.7.4

Comment

Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X