Which Mac Book Pro is good for FCP 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Mac Book Pro is good for FCP 7

I would like to get a Mac Book Pro to be dedicated to FCP 7. I have Mavericks to install. What is the most current Mac Book Pro that FCP 7 works well on?
    Hopefully there is still someone who looks at this discussion. Thanks, Jane

It's been my understanding that the last MacOS to fully support FCP7 was Mountain Lion 10.8.5. I've heard some folks have got in to run under later OSs, eg El Capitan. It works well under OS 10.8.5 on my 2013 MBP. I'm also running Pr CC "2013" on this machine, and will probably keep it even if I get a newer machine. Best, Robert

Comment

Thanks Roboberto but what I want to know is which is the most current model of the laptop Mac Book Pro works best with FCP 7.

Comment

You might want to ask this in the FCP7 forum on Creative Cow which is fairly active. Since current MBPs don't really offer OS 10.8.5 I think it's all experimental.

Comment

My MacBook Pro got updated to High Sierra today and now FCP7 isn't opening at all. I do not have any time machine backup. Any solution to not loose all my works while downgrading or any solution guys?
          Shawn Yadav
          Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp

Comment

Dear Shawn, oh too bad. You're in a little bit of a fix because I hear it's hard to downgrade High Sierra, especially without a backup. Does require a backup with Sierra. You would of course need to back up your current files somehow, even now, with or without time machine. If you backup all your material to another drive, perhaps you could open FCP7 from another computer. All experimental at this point.
            It's been my understanding that the last MacOS to fully support FCP7 was Mountain Lion 10.8.5. I've heard some folks have got it to run under later OSs, eg El Capitan, but I don't know anything about that.
            My solution, I keep a MBP that I have not allowed to update, still running Mountain Lion 10.8.5 in order to access FCP7.
            Somebody here may know if you can install FCPX on your machine and import your FCP7 files. Of course they are not backwards compatible but maybe you could still work.

Comment

Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X